We all love a good excuse to celebrate. And what better excuse to celebrate our love of music than National Piano Month? September gives us an opportunity to rekindle our love of this classical instrument, whether we’re avid piano players or we just like listening to little fingers master the keys. Looking for a fun way to enjoy National Piano Month with your family? We have a few ideas . . .
How to Celebrate National Piano Month
- Learn about the history of the piano.
- Visit the Chastain Park Amphitheater and other local venues to hear expert keyboardists in action.
- Study the piano greats, from Chopin and Mozart to Billy Joel and Elton John.
- Sign up your kids for piano lessons. Already enrolled?Ask their piano instructor how your kids can take their playing to the next level.
- Check out Music Matter’s rockstars-in-training as they rock out at local venues this fall.
- Ask your child’s instructor to show off their favorite piece before a lesson.
- Set a fun project goal for your kids, like mastering a piano cover of their favorite pop song by September 30th.
- Help your kids practice finger stretches to maximize their playing skills.
- Check out the various types of pianos (and learn why different musicians love each one).
- Share funny, embarrassing, or triumphant moments from your childhood piano lessons with your kids.
- Rock out retro style with a piano key necktie (or belt, or sneakers…).
- Help your kids develop their piano skills with sheet music speed reading drills, new ways to practice scales, and listening drills.
- Spend time with fellow pianists at Music Matters.
Call Music Matters in Alpharetta for more information on kids piano lessons and local shows.